Khao Pad Recipe -Thai Style Fried Rice
This is a very popular dish. A traditional Khao Pad recipe includes either beef, pork, chicken, shrimp or crab meat in it along with egg, onions, garlic and sliced tomatoes.
A big difference between Thai fried rice and Chinese fried rice is that it uses Jasmine rice instead of long grained rice and also it is much less oily than the Chinese version because of the way it is cooked.
It is usually seasoned with soy sauce, sugar, salt, some chili sauce and fish sauce.
Serve with sliced cucumbers and garnished with cilantro. This dish has many variations depending on the cook.
Khao Pad Recipe - Ingredients ( 2 servings)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tomato thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- Some mushrooms- optional
- Pinch of ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 3 chilli pepper- optional
- 1/3 cup of meat- chicken, pork, beef, shrimp or crab meat
- ½ onion sliced
- 1 lime- optional
- 1 green onion- optional
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 2 eggs
Cooking time - 15 to 20 minutes
How To Prepare
1. When the wok or pan gets smoking hot, pour in the oil and then add the meat. Stir it quickly till the meat gets done. When the meat is done set it aside.
2. Add the eggs and scramble them until they are cooked. When they are cooked set them aside.
3. Add the fish sauce, the soy sauce and the minced garlic stirring the mixture as you keep adding the ingredients.
4. Add the cooked rice and keep stirring till it mixes well with the sauce.
5. Now add the meat and the scrambled eggs along with the slice onions and sliced tomatoes.
6. Stir for one or two minutes.
Go from this Khao Pad Recipe page back to Thai Chicken Recipes page